wibiya widget

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Prayers for All Times


PRAYERS:


AT BEDTIME
O God, may the disappointments of this day be erased by your comfort, and may your gracious
love give me hope for tomorrow. Amen.
WHEN I'M ALONE
O God, loneliness leaves me so cold inside. Help me live in the warmth of your love.
IN WINTER
When snow blankets the landscape this winter, O God, let me see traced in each
snowflake the pattern of your own creative hand.
MAKING DECISIONSWhen I have the opportunity to make choices, O God, open the windows
of my soul so your path is clear before me.
THE GOOD AND THE BAD
Help me see the good and the bad, O God, as equal opportunities
to lean closer into your loving embrace.
WHEN WEEPING
Gracious God, when tears fill the spaces of my sad heart, help me lift
my eyes upward to see a glimpse of your face.
REMEMBERING GOD
In moments of stillness turn my heart toward you, O God.
LONGING FOR GOD
Gracious God, help me quiet my busy-ness so I can hear my longing for you. Amen.
FOR COMPASSION
Gracious God, when my heart fills with compassion, let me empty it freely and without fear. Amen.
GRACE BEFORE MEALS
O God, bless this food that it may nourish our bodies in the
same way your love feeds our souls. Amen.
STILLNESS
Gracious God, when the world clamors for my attention, whisper to my soul,
“Be still and know that I am God.” Amen.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
O God, give me the courage to be a force for change in places
where only darkness reigns. Amen.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING
Gracious God, be the safe harbor for those who suffer. Calm the storms
in their life and embrace them in your peace.
READINESS FOR THE DAY
Help me see through your eyes today, O God, so only love will come forth from my soul.
FOR ATTENTIVENESS
Make me glad for the simple things, O God, things that slip by me unnoticed and unappreciated.
FOR SATISFACTION
Fill the empty pockets in my soul, O God, until I know the contentment found only in you.
IN GRATITUDE FOR SELF
Let me know the wonder of my own self this day, O God, and give you thanks for the gift of life.
FOR THOSE WITHOUT FAITH
Gracious God, open my heart to those whose souls feel lost for lack of you.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE ALONE
O God, may those who feel the pain of loneliness know that your love is always with them.
FOR THE CHILDREN
O God, be with the children. When they suffer, ease their pain. When they play,
increase their joy. When they learn, grant them truth.
WHEN TIMES CHANGE
O God, when shadows lengthen and blessings fade, let my heart be steadfast
in the sureness of your presence.
WHEN LIFE IS GOODO God, when my heart is full and my cup of life overflows, remind me that
all that comes to me is from your hand.
TASKS AND TIMEGracious God, when my tasks are more numerous than my time, let me stop
long enough to rest in your timelessness.
HONORING SELF
Gracious God, help me to be less afraid of being fully human, so that I will no
longer hide my own potential under the rugged rock of anonymity.
Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage