wibiya widget

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mindfullness.......Budha


Mindfulness should be the most natural thing in the world-without any unnecessary strain or effort. But for us, habitually unmindful beings, being mindful might be a daunting task. The more unmindful we become, the more habitual it becomes, and attaining mindfulness soon feels near impossible. How scary! Let's all guard our minds more carefully from now on.

I was walking to the subway station in the near noon sun. I remembered my promise to myself to be as mindful as I could the whole day. The sun felt hot. I caught myself screwing up my face, frowning in its glare. This, I realise, only when I realised I was having mild dizziness. The mindfulness came this "late." Suddenly, I wasn't sure whether it was the heat of the sun that made me dizzy or that it was me feeling contempt for the sun that made me dizzy. Funny. I think the latter that is true. The sun meant no harm. It was me to be blame ultimately. I should have experienced the heat mindfully without attachment-that's all-no need to grumble about it inside.

Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage