wibiya widget

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Inner Voice always Listen to it.............


My day started just like all the other days for the past 15 years where I get up, make some coffee, shower, get dressed and leave for the train station at preciously 9:10 in the morning. to arrive at work by 10:50. While travelling on the train I would always choose a seat away from the crowd so I can read the newspaper in peace and no body distracts me . At work I am always being asked with questions from coworkers, distributors ,suppliers, telephone and then those long meetings so the last thing I need is some stranger to sit beside me and start talking.

I don’t know the reason why but for some reason only god knows and you will as well know eventually when I got on the train one day it was unusually full of passengers , something which was not usuall.With hesitation and great efforts I sat down in the only seat available beside a middle aged man that had his head down and seemed to be lost in his thoughts. I was glad and thanked GOD that he didn’t notice when I sat next to him as he just continued to look down towards the floor otherwise he may have just started talking .

Shortly after the train started for my 25 minute ride in the heart of the City I found myself wondering what this man was thinking about that he has not even put his head up to see who has sat next to him what could be so important ? I tried to forget about it and started to read my newspaper. However, for some strange reason this “inner voice” kept prompting and pushing me to start talking to this man. I tried to ignore the “inner voice” as there was no way I was starting a conversation with a complete stranger.

As guessed I eventually could not resist and came up with an excuse to ask him a question. When he raised his head and turned his eyes towards me I could see that he must have been really upset and sad as he had red eyes and had tears rolling down the side of his face despite his attempt to wipe them away. I can’t describe the sadness I felt seeing someone in so much pain.

We talked for some time and in the end he seemed to be feeling better. As we were leaving the train he thanked me profusely and gave me hug which i feel even till this day . I never did find out what was making his heart so heavy with pain but was glad I listened to the “inner voice” that day.

Sometime after few weeks I noticed an envelope on my desk after returning from lunch. It was not addressed to anyone and only had the word “Angel in Train” written on it. My receptionist attached a note saying a gentleman dropped it off saying he did not know my name but had described me well enough that the receptionist knew it was for me. When I read the note inside I was so touched and moved that i couldnt stop crying ;It was a letter from the same man I met on the train thanking me again for talking to him and saving his life that day.

Apparently he was going through a very rogh time and was so hurt that he had decided to end his life that day. In his letter he went on to disclose that he was a religious person and in desperation asked out to God that if He really cared about him he would send someone to prevent him from taking such a drastic step.
In his eyes I was that someone, that Angel sent by God. Angel In Train.....


I don’t know what that “inner voice” was that made me take a chance and talk to a stranger but I do know that it made a difference in someone’s life that day and made someone feel happier. So the next time you feel an urge to talk to a friend, relative, neighbor or even a complete stranger please remember the story. You just may make a difference in someone’s life when you listen to your "inner voice".


Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage