wibiya widget

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why To Read And Share Stories??

Elie Wiesel recalls that the great Rabbi Israel Shem Tov, when he saw that the Jews were being mistreated, went into the forest, lit a holy fire, and said a special prayer, asking God to protect his people. And God sent him a miracle.

Later, his disciple Maggid de Mezritch, following in his master’s footsteps, would go to the same part of the forest and say: “Master of the Universe, I do not know how to light the holy fire, but I do know the special prayer; hear me, please!” The miracle always came about.

A generation passed, and Rabbi Moshe-leib of Sasov, when he saw how his people were persecuted, went to the forest, saying: “I don’t know how to light the holy fire, nor do I know the special prayer, but I still remember the place. Help us, Lord!” And the Lord helped.

Fifty years later, Rabbi Israel de Rizhin, in his wheelchair, spoke to God: “I don’t know how to light the holy fire, nor the prayer, and I can’t even find the place in the forest. All I can do is tell this story, and hope God hears me.”

And telling the story was enough for the danger to pass; according to Wiesel, God created man because He adores stories.

Spiritual quotes Stories and Inspirations Affirmations What a LifeLovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage