wibiya widget

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What Matters Most


I'd watched this old man for many months, with tattered clothes most worn
I'd seen the look on many a face, as each looked at him with scorn

He did not hold a sign up, on the corner where he stood Begging for food or money, like others like him would And each day that I'd see him, I'd glimpse into his eyes He'd catch my gaze and look away, and I'd often wonder why...

I began to think to myself, what life he'd lived before A beggar not was this man I saw, was he rich or feigned be poor?

One day I noticed he wasn't there, that corner, his familiar place And I vowed that if I saw him again, I'd speak to him face to face As days went by I forgot this man, this man who'd seen much hate He must have been just another bum, another corner would be his fate

One day I walked past his spot, on my way to meet a friend And saw him right in front of me, my vow this day I'd spend "Sir, I vowed I'd talk to you, if ever I saw you here. And ask you what your life had been, throughout your many years."

"Son", he said, "I know you, I've seen your face before I'm not a bum as you probably think, I'm rich and not poor."

"If rich why do you dress this way, can you explain this to me? The rich own cars and have big homes, they stand not on the street."

He reached into his pocket, and showed me a picture of His wife who'd died one year ago, the one he dearly loved "It matters not how big the home, I have everything I need What matters most in life my son, is that which we can't see."


So Stop running after Money spend some time more today eith your dear ones.....

Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage