wibiya widget

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Solid Ground


We’ve all had moments when we’ve wished the ground would open up and swallow us. For one family in Quebec that’s exactly what happened. According to reports on CNN.com a 500 yard sinkhole opened up threatening five homes in the town of Saint-Jude. One home was sucked into the hole and a family of five lost their lives. They were in the basement, just watching a hockey game when the ground beneath them fell away.

Makes you think doesn’t it?

Life is always fatal, but most of us don’t spend a great deal of time thinking about how we’ll die. I remember my Nanny telling a story of flight she and my Granddad were on. They hit really bad turbulence and the plane started to drop. My Nan says she remembers taking hold of my Granddad’s hand and thinking “thank God we’ll die together”. The plane righted itself and that was not the end of the line for my grandparents but I can understand her sentiment. I don’t know if I would be that calm in the face of death.

For all the things that we know in this modern world, most of us will not see death coming. For some there is an illness, or simply old age that lets us know we’re getting close, but no one can tell us just how long we have. I’ve always thought it was a mercy not to know. Others try to find answers anywhere they can.


Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
watch what you say quotes ,mantra ,candle, be a blessing to others quotes, olives, quotes about telling someone you love them before it's too late , tell people you love them before it's too late quotes , amazing inspirational quotes , give your 100 percent,quotes watch what you say ,touching stories about marriage